PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Monterey park

NeonFlux
02-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Hi guys, nice to meet you all, I guess I'll tell you a little about myself, I was born 1989 in Los angeles, when I was 14, I moved to Monterey park with my family, I attended Garvey intermediate middle school mustangs, and through high school, Mark Keppel high. It has been really fun through high school, I attended prom, grad nite, the games, it was fun, Class of 07'!!!. Now, I am 19, and I face college and getting a job!

Aquatically, it's been one year for me in the aquatic hobby, getting really serious last year, 2008 that's the year I really got down with high tech, and now I'm still in the hobby for this year. I guess I can tell you a little about the experiences I had. Well, what can I say? I have been through the ups and downs, smiles and frowns; Bought a new 55 gallon, 55 gallon cracked a few months later, tank leaked, bought a used 60 gallon acrylic for 50 dollars, then came aquatic plants, then I bought seachem's iron, flourish, excel, algae, plants die, power compact lighting, 10 lb cylinder then 20 lb, rex regulator, dry ferts, co2 reactor (leaked, found out it will not work with fluval's tubing...eventually went with eheim), Eheim 2217 canister filter, a rack with three 10 gallons, 4 port manifold, then later came glass inline co2 diffuser, built a co2 reactor, I have spent aaa loottt throughout last year with some bad experiences and good experiences.

Finally, I am extremely satisfied now, I am successfully growing plants like never before, it's all about maintaining everything now. Lol no more purchases!! Good investments though.. I still like to look for good aquatic plant deals lol, and roak. I have like over 30-40 different types of plants..

Well nice to meet you all! I feel great to be part of SCAPE.

-William

goalcreas
02-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Welcome to SCAPE.
That sounds like you got some good experience out of all that.
there is alot to be said from learning how NOT to do things straight from experience. It is one thing to tell people they shouldn't do this or that because you heard it from others, it is another to be able to speak from experience.

IDK where Monterey Park is. Outside of THE OC , IDK where anything is. LOL

If it is not too far, possibly you can make it to the meeting next weekend.
I know it is short notice but it wold be cool if you can.

If not, possibly you will make it next month, we would love to get a chance to meet you.

Zzyzx85
02-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey NeonFlux,
Good to see another local here. See you around!

Neon Shrimp
02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi William, good to see you joining us my friend. Did you ever get any dwarf hairgrass? I hope some of the members here can help you with that, if not I will share some of mine as it grows in the future.

I will see you in the forums,
Richard

MARIMOBALL
02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome to SCAPE William. Im around Montebello so thats minutes away. Monterey Park is in the San Gabriel Valley. LMK when you go to pet center at the atlantic square we can meet up. Victor (the owner) is having a buy one get one free sale on plants. Before Toby mentions that You can ask me for a ride to the meet, Ill go ahead and offer to carpool with me if you want.

NeonFlux
02-18-2009, 08:28 PM
:) Oh na, it's okay. Thanks though, I might go to Pet center to see ya

zerojoe0917
02-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Hey NeonFlux, good to see you here!!